SMRs and AMRs

Saturday, July 14, 2007

A plan to suspend the Constitution

Killing the Constitution: How I Became a Radical Twenty Years Ago Today

by Sam Husseini

They sentenced me to twenty years of boredom
for trying to change the system from within
I'm coming now -- I'm coming to reward them
First we take Manhattan then we take Berlin
-- Leonard Cohen

Many think they now see through the Democrats' complicity with the Bush administration's illegal wars and unconstitutional actions. If they think this is new, they don't know that half of it.

Exactly twenty years ago today, on July 13, 1987, I witnessed the Democratic Party establishment covering up -- and therefore helping -- the subversion of the U.S. Constitution. It was actually on national TV, but few seemed to care.

The Iran-Contra hearings were going on. I watched them almost in their entirety, had just graduated from college and wasn't sure what I wanted to do, so I spent time with my dad, who'd just been diagnosed with a severe heart condition and we watched much of the hearings together.

For a while, I was admiring of the co-chairs of the Iran-Contra committee, the Democrats Sen. Daniel Inouye and Rep. Lee Hamilton -- who would go on to co-head the 9/11 Commission and the Iraq Study Commission.

But, following events closely, it became clear Inouye and Hamilton were covering things up.

(The rest is here.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home