SMRs and AMRs

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Detained at Guatanamo

Article by: MURAT KURNAZ
Minneapolis StarTribune
Updated: January 14, 2012 - 4:38 PM

An innocent man recounts his painful and perplexing stint at Guantanamo.

I left Guantanamo Bay much as I had arrived almost five years earlier -- shackled hand-to-waist, waist-to-ankles, and ankles to a bolt on the airplane floor.

My ears and eyes were goggled, my head hooded, and even though I was the only detainee on the flight this time, I was drugged and guarded by at least 10 soldiers. This time though, my jumpsuit was American denim rather than Guantanamo orange.

When we landed, the American officers unshackled me before they handed me over to a delegation of German officials. The American officer offered to reshackle my wrists.

But the commanding German officer strongly refused: "He has committed no crime; here, he is a free man."

(More here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home