SMRs and AMRs

Friday, January 29, 2016

When even your 'frends' are your enemies

Why I Ran For President

BY LAWRENCE LESSIG

In the spring of 2015, before I decided to run for President, two things were clear to me. First, the need to focus America on the failure of its democracy was as urgent as ever. Second, no plausible candidate for President was going to do that.

(Continued here.)

Why I Dropped Out

BY LAWRENCE LESSIG

In a post on Medium, published in August, the chair of the Democratic National Committee, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, made an announcement that tipped my decision to run. She wrote:
If any additional Democratic candidates decide to enter the race, they will need to meet the same criteria for participation as the existing candidates: receiving at least 1% in three national polls, conducted by credible news organizations and polling organizations, in the six weeks prior to the debate.
(Continued here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home