SMRs and AMRs

Monday, February 11, 2013

A hero for some becomes a target for others

The Shooter Speaks: A Q&A with the Man Who Killed Bin Laden

By Phil Bronstein, Esquire

One of many interviews Phil Bronstein of the Center for Investigative Reporting conducted with the Man Who Killed Osama bin Laden.

Did you think your life would change when this happened?

Yeah. I still didn't know if it would be good or bad. I didn't know which way it would go.

The good was having done something great for my country, for the guys, for the people in New York. It was closure.

And the bad?

He was their prophet. Now we killed him, and I have to worry about this forever. Al Qaeda, especially these days, is 99 percent talk. But that 1 percent of the time they do shit. It's bad. They're capable of horrific things.

We started de-briefing and that's when they started bringing up the idea of the Witness Protection Program. And they still are.

They told me they could get me a job driving a beer truck in Milwaukee, like any whistleblower in the Mafia. We'd lose everything.

(More here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home