SMRs and AMRs

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

On senators who would flunk 7th grade geography

Between Rock of Ages and a Hard Place

By NICHOLAS WADE, NYT

It was the standard political interview, about ambition and the right size for government. Then came the curveball question to Senator Marco Rubio of Florida from Michael Hainey of GQ magazine: “How old do you think the earth is?”

Senator Rubio, a possible contender in the 2016 Republican presidential race, gave the following answer: “I’m not a scientist, man. I can tell you what recorded history says, I can tell you what the Bible says, but I think that’s a dispute amongst theologians.”

He went on: “At the end of the day, I think there are multiple theories out there on how the universe was created, and I think this is a country where people should have the opportunity to teach them all. I think parents should be able to teach their kids what their faith says, what science says.

“Whether the earth was created in seven days, or seven actual eras, I’m not sure we’ll ever be able to answer that. It’s one of the great mysteries.”

(More here.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom Koch said...

It sounds to me that the question is 'above his pay grade.' Where have we heard that before?

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home