SMRs and AMRs

Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Mighty Pale Tea

By CHARLES M. BLOW
NYT

GRAND PRAIRIE, Tex.

On Thursday, I came here outside Dallas for a Tea Party rally.

At first I thought, “Wow! This is much more diverse than the rallies I’ve seen on television.”

Then I realized that I was looking at stadium workers. I should have figured as much when I approached the gate. The greeter had asked, “Are you working tonight?”

I sat in the front row. But when the emcee asked, “Do we have any infiltrators?” and I almost raised my hand, I realized that sitting there might not be such a good idea.

(More here.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Minnesota Central said...

How soon we forget the 2004 Republican National Convention when the only blacks were the ones on stage.

The Mankato TaxEnoughAlready crowd numbered in the 100 range ... but from the pre-publicity and media coverage, one would think this was as big an event as a Vikings practice ... wait a second, at a Vikings practice there is 100 ... mostly black and all millionaires ... with a thousand people - prodominately white - watching.

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home