SMRs and AMRs

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

You Call This a Party? Observations on the Democrats

"[B]eing president after George W. Bush will be like cleaning up the chimp cage after a four-year chili-and-tequila binge."
The following is an excerpt from an article published November 6, 2004, a few days after the last presidential election. Yet what it says is strangely and unfortunately still true today, especially in light of Paul Hackett's self-removal from the U.S. Senate race in Ohio. How this all shakes out remains to be seen. But read on to remind yourself that politics, like a chameleon, outwardly may change its appearance though inwardly it's all the same.

You Call This a Party?

Some Observations on the Democrats

By BEN TRIPP

Be warned, all ye swine that accuse me of being a Democrat: I have developed a technology that allows me to send offensive odors by email, and I'm especially interested to know how the "Montezuma's Leprosy Diaper" packet comes through. I was first eligible to vote in the election of 1988, which, for those of you interested in math, makes me 165 in dog years. I remember writing in Frank Zappa on the ballot that year, but I also remember both of my arms turning into spoons during a Motorhead concert, so who knows. The main thing is I registered Independent, and my lack of affiliation hasn't changed since that day. I want no part of the Democrats, although I often vote for one, my fists jammed in my nostrils; as for voting Republican, words cannot express my disapproval, although the letters 'F' and 'U' come close.
The rest of the article is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home